Money Matters has been delivered to Canadians since 2011. It was developed by ABC Life Literacy Canada in partnership with the Government of Canada and TD Bank Group, and it was designed by literacy practitioners. To date, Money Matters has reached over 10,000 adult Canadians.
Today, the program continues to run with support from TD Bank Group. In fact, it’s expanded. We now offer three different types of Money Matters to better serve adult learners.
What do all our programs have in common?
- Written and designed with the adult learner in mind. That means:
- approachable, discussion-based activities
- topics based on extensive research and feedback from learners
- literacy level 2 (grade 6-8 reading level)
- all new terminology is defined—in the text, and in a glossary
- Delivered by individual organization’s staff, with optional support from TD Bank Group Volunteer-Tutors
- Adaptable according to the needs of each specific group
- Free. We ship the materials needed to run the program to organizations across the country
Money Matters for Adult Learners
Our core Money Matters program is aimed at the general adult learner.
- 4 workbooks
- Spending Plans (also available at Money Matters Online)
- Banking Basics
- Borrowing Money
- RESPs and Other Ways to Save
- 8 hours of content
- Available in English and French
- Honorarium: $25 per workshop delivered
We know that sometimes smaller, independent projects are a better fit for learners than group programming. And sometimes, you just want a list of ideas for ways to bring financial literacy education into your home or classroom. These free downloadable resources are here for you.